30% of Women and Children tell someone about having experienced sexual violence but only 1% report it to the police.
Very poor awareness about the extent and seriousness of this issue among men, women and children. Awareness is a fundamental need for ending the social evils, crimes and violence against women and children in India.
- No easy way for Survivors to understand the extent and seriousness of the Issue of Violence Against women and children in India
- Violence against women and children in India has become a statistic! The painful experiences are lost in time and forgotten. Only the numbers remain.
A Web Platform to crowdsource media reported crimes of Violence Against Women and Children in India
- Survivors can visually understand the extent and realise that they are not alone. it will motivate them to report what happened to them and seek justice.
- Common public, Government, NGOs, Funding Agencies, Media can visualise the extent of the reports and also download reports of all cases for research, campaign, advocacy and problem solving.
The Journey so far…
- IamNirbhaya.me launched in March 2014. Please visit by clicking here
- Today the platform hosts information about 10,000 Documented media reports of Violence Against Women and children in India that have been crowdsourced by volunteers.
- Everyday 600 Unique Visitors to the platform.
- We are India’s biggest and only Crowdsourced repository of media reported Cases on Violence Against Women and Children
Improve our platform and make it more user friendly and accessible
Continue to document reports and raise awareness.
How can I support?
You can help us by joining our mforchange Membership community and supporting us with a small recurring contribution. Join us today! (Note: You will be taken to mforchange.org to complete the subscription process)